Friday 23 June 2017

Old photo from Ramsgate Harbour crosswall and Manston DCO drop in

Interesting Ramsgate Harbour photo this one, it dates from before 1890 although I don’t know exactly when
 This detail from the photo above shows the harbour trustee’s committee house this copper domed building with a balcony overlooking the harbour was demolished in 1890.

This detail from the same photo shows the swing bridge mechanism for beige over the now filled in easterly of the lock gates.

As part of the Manston DCO consultation there will be a drop in information session in Ramsgate tomorrow Saturday 24 June at The Comfort Inn, Ramsgate, from10am to 2pm. This event is open to any member of the public that would like to attend.

If you are interested in Manston Airport and the possibly of its reopening, I would strongly recommend going to the session if you can.  

For the dedicated bibliophiles here is the link the books that went out in the bookshop in Ramsgate today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/utopias-in-bookshop.html  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.