Saturday 26 August 2017

All the fun of the fair in Ramsgate and I start paining St Anselm's Chapel in Canterbury Cathedral

A few out and about pictures in Ramsgate this evening, Harbour Parade is much busier than usual because of the music and funfair. This does beg the question of how much busier Ramsgate would be if Pleasurama was still operating and further questions about local taxation subsidising amusements.


Here is the link to the rest of the rest of the pictures http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/817L/id13.htm

It’s a similar problem to the lack of High Street shops, most severe I think in Margate, which has become a town where it is difficult to get younger people to go to unless the weather is good and very difficult to get them to go to in winter.

Up until Primark closed it was just about an all year family destination, meaning I could take my children with me when I wanted to sketch there in the winter.

I went to Canterbury today, had a wander around the cathedral looking for somewhere to start another painting, eventually asked some of the people who work there and have started to have a go at St Anselm's Chapel.




I also took some photos of the chapel, here is the link http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/817L/id14.htm

I won’t go into the history of this as there is plenty online, but I think it has solved my ongoing problem of somewhere to paint, where there is a seat and the light is mostly coming from behind me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.