Tuesday 10 October 2017

A few old local pictures from around 1900 and the wretched form that comes attached to an email.








You know how it is, you send an email to some company or government department and you get back a form to fill in that is attached to their email, usually a pdf, this I think stands for, particularly difficult format.

Anyway you open the thing and try to write on it with your device and it won’t have it, then you try and print it out but the ink in your printer has dried out, after this you find that you can of course buy some expensive version of the pdf program that may let you write in it depending on whether the pdf file contains a text file or a picture of the form.

Anyway I had some of this type of stuff today and decided that for various reasons I just wasn’t going to give in, so assuming you have a Google account, Gmail address sign in, go to https://drive.google.com/ cogwheel, settings, manage apps, add more apps, add DocHub, close the browser and re open and go back to https://drive.google.com/ then the new arrow thing on the left, upload your pdf then right click on it in Drive and select open with DocHub, you can fill in any sort of form now, if you need to sign the document take a photo of your signature crop and click on sign, upload it and you can sign the doc. After that you just download it and attach it to your reply email.

Photos of the books that went out in the bookshop today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/bananaman-in-bookshop.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.