Thursday 7 December 2017

some old photos of Ramsgate, Margate, Broadstairs Herne Bay




 I found this "nothing was delivered" postcard among some Ramsgate postcards and nearly left it behind, but I suppose you know how it is.



Margate seems to have had two lifeboats called Quiver
1866–1883 Self-Righter Quiver No. 1 (1)
1883–1898 37ft Self-Righter ON 265 Quiver No. 1 (2)
 1897 storm damage

 Margate Tudor House 
This is the link to the pictures of the books that went out in the bookshop yesterday

 Another busman’s holiday today, we bought some books for the bookshop in Herne Bay and some wood for more shelving in the bookshop from Burbridge’s wood yard in Pysons Road Ramsgate.

Lunch in Wetherspoons in Herne Bay


I did a bit more to my sketch of Herne Bay Clocktower through Wetherspoons window, a bit of a spot the difference, and it includes gold watercolour paint which I expect is in bad taste.
I have just realised that this one isn't a photo but a print of a drawing with a gloss on it to make it look like a photo so it probably dates from around 1870.

 The clocktower is one of the earliest dating from around 1840






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.