Friday 16 March 2018

A few old Ramsgate and Margate pictures

The old pictures of Ramsgate will expand if you click on them a bit








It’s British science week and I suppose I ought to say something, in my murky past I had a brushing acquaintance with science both as a potential experimental subject and as a mechanic of sorts.

Recycling is the subject of a BSA (British Science Association and not the well known motorcycle “Bloody Sore Ass”) survey that has prompted much interest and even more confusion.


I wonder if I follow this to the letter whether it agrees with the Thanet Council criteria, here is the link https://www.thanet.gov.uk/your-services/recycling-and-rubbish/bin-collection-day/what-goes-where-on-collection-day/

It’s a funny old world but the younger people are the less they seem to be keen on recycling and yet the more the will be affected if we don’t do it properly. I had thought this was the case for some time and it’s wosisname to have this confirmed by the BSA.

 Ramsgate today has all the look of spring having sprung

 a small tweak to the phone's camera settings making it look positively caribbean
or at least summery, it's is very difficult to reconcile this to the BBC weather app saying it is going to snow here tomorrow.


Anyway here are the Margate pictures






We ate in Wetherspoons here in Ramsgate this evening and I am struck that the cleontel is very much families out for an evening meal in a clean and comfortable environment.

The bookshop was busy today although I am expecting tomorrow's snow or forecast of snow to make tomorrow a quiet trading day, we had some very quiet days during the last lot.

Here is the link to the pictures of the books that went out on the shelves today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/electric-dreams-in-bookshop.html and if the weather is bad don’t risk it but contact the bookshop and we will reserve anything you want for you, here is the bookshop contact page http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/id3.htm

I am hoping to skive off and paint if the weather allows 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.