Sunday 8 April 2018

Old photos and the like

 A few coloured cards from the Edwardian period and slightly later, the messages on the backs are metaphorical ina bottles from around 100 years ago.
 It occurs to me that there is something in decoding what the handwriting means that you would never get with email or a social media post.
 So with this card, for instance to Ada from May or Mag two sides to decode
the detail begs a caption perhaps.
 Or these three of Wellington Crescent, producing a bizarre spot the difference.






Canterbury today where I played about with aspects of watercolour style

And then on to The Beaney where I became captivated by a cabinet of curiosities 









In the area of local news it's looking as though something may be going to happen on the Pleasurama site, obviously at the moment if development work starts there then it can only be the building out of the approved plans.

 This series of photos, zooming in on the cliff facade wall show the tell tale signs of a chalk fall behind the wall.



and finally bookshop activity pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.