Tuesday 10 April 2018

Same old, same old, a few photos and a few thoughts

 I think the pictures should expand ok if you click on them a bit. I don't remember the stags on top of Pleasurama but think the picture can't be before the last half of the 60s I suppose it may be the single story front part at some stage before it was roofed over.



I spent some time today chatting to other people with businesses in Ramsgate, mostly about the Wetherspoons effect. I think the verdict from the people I spoke to who are in some way in competition with Wetherspoons was mostly along the lines of too early in the season to tell.

On the bookshop front it is making things marginally busier, rather in the way that all of the local attractions do. This is the link to pictures of the books that went out today.

I would guess that something happening with the unused parts of the pavilion and the Pleasurama site would help the situation. Although what the issues are in both cases falls into the - a bit of a mystery bracket.

Conflicting stories in both cases, I think it may be an interesting summer for Ramsgate, with so many people already in the Pavilion main sands area it is obvious that there is a large commercial potential 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.