Monday 7 May 2018

Old Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs photos and we spend the bank holiday painting, swimming and shopping in Folkestone.









Links first

This is the link to today's Folkestone photos, camera Nikon P90, not much time for the photos, most of which are snapshots taken while wandering about with the camera on auto.

This is the link to the last lot of books to go out in the bookshop I have to admit to not working much today, although I did spend about £100 on books in the Oxfam Bookshop, I also bought 3 Joan Baez cds in the Oxfam Bookshop for car/walkman, these worked out at just over £2 each a long way from what I paid for the records back in the day when they would have been about a day's pay each.

This really falls into the before my time music as all of these albums were recorded over 55 years ago when I was a child and I don't think my parents would have - what can you say: thought it was cool - well they wouldn't have played it.

I did begin an A4 watercolour on very cheap paper, but would have needed a whole pile of blow up cushions to sit on the promenade for long enough to complete it; as it was I only had one.

It's a pleasant beach at the side of the harbour, but off to chocolate cafe, shopping and so on.



 
It’s very hard to know how the coastal towns of Kent are going to work out over the next few years, at the moment Folkestone has a considerable edge over the Thanet towns because the Thanet towns have been seriously blighted by the building of Westwood Cross shopping centre which resulted in the shops leaving Ramsgate and Margate High Streets.


At the moment it is looking as though the next stage will be the gradual closure of most non food shops, Canterbury seems to be being hardest hit on this front at the moment and it is looking as though the whole house of cards could collapse to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.