Friday 1 September 2017

Ramsgate Wetherspoons the Café Culture, The Ravensgate, out and about photos.

Being interested in the evolution of local business I ventured out twice today in order to try and work out what sort of impact the Wetherspoons Royal Victoria Pavilion regeneration is having on both the existing café culture and the other pubs.


As is often said I’m no expert, my main drink being Yorkshire Tea and I have been busy publishing the new book written in the 1960s about Minster in Thanet.

But today it seemed that the Wetherspoons was packed and the café culture opposite also about as busy as it usually is, The Goose seemed quieter than usual and so did some of the King Street pubs however when I walked past this evening The Ravensgate Arms which reopened today was as busy as it used to be before it closed, but it does have the tribute to Paul Butters tonight.


I am concerned about the bit beyond Wetherspoons, the empty part of The Pavilion, Pleasurama, the crazy traffic situation with the huge roundabout and the constant flow of cars that can’t park.

What is obvious is that the current administration at TDC has become completely focused on regenerating Margate but seem to have missed the point that Westwood Cross has damaged Margate in a way that means I can’t compete with its main rivals and that these are not Ramsgate.


The rest of the photos, I promise that one day I will get around to cleaning the sensor on my ancient dslr, it’s just a matter of finding a grownup, as always experimental shots that didn’t work, so the shots on the cards from both cameras, pasted to the internet, here is the address http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/917L/


For the dedicated followers of Literature in Thanet, well as ever we photographed the books we put out in the bookshop and put them on the internet at http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/ and of course the whole wosisname is at http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/browsethebooks/ although it probably needs updating.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.