Saturday 11 November 2017

Margate and Herne Bay

 Do you recognise what this seagull is standing on?
 I'll zoom out a bit
 Today I went to Margate and Herne Bay
This is the cover of one of the historic guides I publish and if it was ok to do them together in 1866 it's probably ok to do them together today

I went to both places today as it's supposed to be my day off the plan was to get to Wetherspoons at 8 am, which is when the open, have an unhealthy breakfast and sketch the clock tower until around 9 buy a few books, take  few pictures and go off to Margate...

Here is the watercolour sketch

I took a few photos this is the link to the rest of them

There were more books than expected

so I didn't get much time on the Margate watercolour sketch, but added a few boats


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.