Sunday 4 February 2018

Sunday ramble, A funny thing happened in a Canterbury pub, camera, sketch photos Manston and so on.

Canterbury today, apart from buying some books for the bookshop here in Ramsgate I mostly sketched, chatted to my family and watched the bad weather go by.

I am still learning how to use the Nikon Coolpix P90 camera that I bought secondhand recently, I think I am going to have to read the 180 page manual from cover to cover soon, you would think that there would be good tutorial videos for digital cameras on the internet produced by the companies that make the cameras, if there are I can’t find them.

By way of explanation using pictures I took today with the P90 set on 1 Megapixel, hand held with image stabilisation on and published directly to the internet at http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/218l/id5.htm that is without compression and so on.


This is a picture of the cathedral


This is the same picture with a red circle highlighting a flag on top of the cathedral


This is a picture of the flag using the zoom on the camera, the brighter the day the better the picture is likely to be. 

   
One of the main things I am trying to discover is if i can lock the digital viewfinder on infinity for saking pictures from a moving car.

I did a bit of sketching from Chocolate Cafe 

I think this watercolor sketch may have potential 


On the way back to the car it started to sleet and I thought I would pop into the nearest pub for a pot of tea.

 The The Thomas Tallis Alehouse the bar steward told us that they don't have a licence to sell hot drinks

A pot of tea for two at the The Penny Theatre £2.

The Manston airfreight hub DCO consultation is still unfolding on the local internet which is mostly Facebook groups.

At the moment I am looking at whether the actual consultation process ticked the boxes, not the pros and cons of airport, freight hub, housing and all manner of other stuff. so a couple of questions.

Did anyone get a postal consultation notification card?

Did anyone have difficulty speaking to the RSP reps they wanted to?

Back to the camera. Have you ever had that sinking feeling when you go out and take some photos and either get the "No Card in Camera Message" or get home and find you have taken some photos but forgot to put the memory card back in the camera?

The latter happened to me today. The camera had saved the pictures to its internal memory and in the view menu there was the option to transfer the pictures onto the a memory card.

Here in Thanet we know what happens to naughty pubs





1987 bus anyone 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.