Thursday 12 April 2018

Margate ZEN. Old pictures, local history, Lego and stuff

 Click on photos to expand, I think this one is probably before WW1 as there are so many bathing machines. I think the bathing machines were related to a mixture of Victorian prudery and the invention of the bathing costume
 This is one of several shots of the tram accident 3rd August 1905, going down Madeira car number 41 jumped the tracks, went over the cliff and landed 30 feet below. This photo is fairly good on the detail of the side of what I think is the old Queens Head.
 A fairly early one of Ramsgate Pier, part of the Ramsgate Marina development, we publish a book about the pier here is the link which leads on to sample pages
 This one says S. E. Road + High St - Princess Louise on the back, I assume here to open the Royal Victoria Pavilion - 1903 off the top of my head

 Draper's Mills Margate around 1900
We were out and about buying books today,

 So what about the Lego "ZEN" sign in Margate town centre
 I've never noticed it before but it looks like it's been there for years.



Oh yes Elvis was seen in the bookshop, here is the link 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.