Monday 16 April 2018

Ramsgate pictures from 10 and 110 years ago and a slice through the Sands Hotel in Margate

 Back ten years ago there was much beavering away at preparing the Pleasurama site in Ramsgate, work to the cliff top
 moving the roundabout
 with issues related to laying blocks on sand where wave overtopping could mean waves full of slabs being an issue.
 Pugin's Grange was newly restored
 The church restoration
 still only a future consideration.




 we had the mother of all scaffolding

 I blogged pictures of the 1906 Floral Fete in Ellington Park

 not sure about this one, any ideas?



oh yes and this one, back when in Margate the shoreline by the lower High Street was about where the middle of the Sands Hotel is now.

This is the link to today's work in the bookshop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.